Monday, October 26, 2009

no warm and fuzzies..

So it is actually official. I met the plastic sugeon and now I wait for the call for the date. WHEN. Did I just say that??- wow.

Professional opinion was correct - she was not warm and fuzzy. I would even call her cold. But I need to ask myself would rather someone who knows how to put me together all pretty and perky or have someone who gives a warm fuzzy hugs?

What has bothered me this evening is that I feel I have missed something. Was I to ask mre quesyions? was she to intereact with me more? Was she to engage in more conversation about options and results? She asked me questions, had me disrobe, took some pictures and well thats it! Maybe I have researched alot..or maybe not enough as I did not have alot of questions or much grey area in my head. It has taken me 9 years to gt to where I am today so decision has been made.

When I asked my 3 questions, there was no conversation.

I mentioned I wanted a thoracic block. This is very imporatnt to me and quite non-negotiable. it is like an epidural but higher and it delivered through many needles injected in this upper back area. I have heard will significantky lower but pain and discomfort for the first 24 hours. She sighed and mentioned that it add another half hour to the session (I thought I heard a sigh)

I asked her if I needed to decide on the type of implant at this point. She said no but wondered really if there was any discussions to be had as there (in her mind) was only one she would reccommend.

I asked her to see pictures and well...they were black and white photocopies..and the end of 'it as I stood there looking at the album she commented in my direction don't you fret you will look tremendous" then had me sign my breasts away on a blue paper.

Weird experience to sign a piece of your body on blue 8.5 by 11.

Now it is a waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment